- Type of vegetable oilCastor
Castor oil ("castor oil", oil of a castor - bean tree, armor. Oleum Ricini) — vegetable oil from plants of a type of Ricinus communis, mix of triglycerides of ritsinolevy, linoleic and olein acids. Properties of castor oil are defined by its structure — triglycerides contain not less 80th ritsinolevy acid. Castor oil and ritsinolevy acid have the increased viscosity and density, and also high reactionary ability, owing to existence in a molecule of ritsinolevy acid of carboxyl and hydroxyl groups and double communication.
Composition of castor oil:
- ~ 90% — Ritsinoleinovaya acid (monosaturated fatty acid)
- ~ 1% — Palmitic acid (Saturated fatty acid)
- ~ 1% — Stearin acid (Saturated fatty acid)
- ~ 3% — Oleic acid (monosaturated fatty acid)
- ~ 4% — Linoleic acid (polysaturated fatty acid)