Fire tanks are constructions of a fire - water supply, i. e. capacities in which the water intended for suppression of the centers of ignition and the fires is stored.
The fire volume of water, i. e. the fire tank, it is necessary to provide in cases when receiving the necessary amount of water, for fire extinguishing, directly from a source of water supply is technically impossible or economically unprofitable. Water from tanks has to be pumped with the pressure necessary for ensuring productive suppression of any ignition.
The equipment of fire tanks has to ensure first of all safety of fire volume of water, and also a possibility of independent inclusion and depletion of each tank. If necessary, fire capacities can be blocked and united, increasing their total amount. The volume of one tank for water in vertical execution can reach 10 000 m3, in horizontal execution of 120 m3. The volume of the fire tank pays off at a design stage according to the established norms and requirements.
Fire - prevention capacities or fire tanks for water, according to the specification of the customer are equipped:
- drainage well of the stormwater drainage system, water from the tank at plum or a modulation gets to it. Also drainage well is necessary for a fence of a fire stock from the tank by fire cars for what latches from a technical viewing well open;
- overflow branch pipe on an overflow case. The overflow branch pipe connects with drain and further in the stormwater drainage system;
- drain branch pipe with the blocking latch for needs of control, survey, repair, and also for depletion, planned or emergency discharge. As water in the tank is conditionally pure, it is sent to the stormwater drainage system, i. e. discharge is carried out in the stormwater drainage system;
- bulk branch pipe with the blocking latch - the pipeline for filling of the tank;
- the soaking - up branch pipe with a latch for a water intake from the tank fire pumps;
- the index of level with a set of the devices allowing to regulate the level of filling or depletion of tanks.
Unlike tanks for storage of oil products, tanks for water are manufactured one - wall. For ensuring durability in the case ring zhestkostny diaphragms are established.
Various brands staly are applied to production of elements of the case of the tank (the feedwell and the bottom) depending on the average air temperature of the coldest five - day week of the climatic area in which the tank will be operated according to safety rules. Can be equipped with auxiliary designs: ladders, platforms, protections, etc.