- Country of manufactureRussia
Scope of application: Automotive fabrics, Furniture fabrics, Fabrics for clothing and shoes, Fabric for office furniture Width: 140 cm
* Actual fabric color may differ from the samples shown on the website due to the color rendering on the monitor. The fabric examples are presented for informational purposes only and to understand how this fabric can be used.
Genuine leather looks very advantageous when decorating upholstered furniture and cars, however, it is too expensive material. Manufacturers produce artificial leather , which is obtained by spraying a special polymer onto a fabric base. This processing option allows you to get a material that is in no way inferior in quality to natural leather. It is perfect for finishing upholstered furniture, because it has the following properties:
- resistance to various pollution;
- a variety of colors and textures.
Modern manufacturers offer a wide variety of artificial leathers. The most commonly used materials are:
- Polyurethane or PU leather , which is obtained by applying a layer of polyurethane on a cotton base. The result is soft faux leather for cars, furniture or other uses.
- Vinyl fabric , or artificial leather, is a material with a paper or fabric base, on one side coated with one or more layers of polyvinyl chloride. It practically does not differ from natural material, but, unlike it, it is almost unaffected by mold, more resistant to damage, exposure to direct sunlight.
- Modified fabric, or imitation leather . It is obtained in the process of complex technological production from natural material, fibers, residues, trimmings and flaps of which are crushed, mixed with a polymer that plays the role of a binder. The entire composition is applied to a fabric base. This process allows you to get artificial leather for cars and furniture, which is almost identical to natural. Sometimes modified skin is called reconstructed.
It is very easy to take care of furniture or car interiors, finished with artificial leather - there are many special cosmetics for care that can extend the life of things made of artificial materials. Sprays and creams will help to eliminate damage, abrasions on the skin, remove cuts, scratches.
If dirt appears, it is best to try to eliminate it as quickly as possible, before the dirt penetrates deep into the layers of artificial spraying. Then it will be much more difficult to remove the dirty stain. The easiest way is to use damp wipes or moisten a regular cloth with a detergent without abrasive particles.
The usual routine care of the leatherette fabric is straightforward and can be carried out as needed to remove dirt and dust.