Copper pipes are made from alloy which composition included the remains of phosphorus and pure copper. On ability to carry electric current copper is on the second place after silver. Thanks to lack of any interactions with water, pipes from copper often apply to liquid transportation. Also by means of copper pipes gas redirection is carried out. It is possible to distinguish from useful properties of copper pipes:
- Thermal stability thanks to what the product does not burst and is not deformed both at very high, and at low temperature indicators;
- Ability not to pass oxygen and ultra-violet radiation;
- Durability. The product can be in operation for 100 years. Pipes do not lose the properties under the influence of the chlorinated water, copper oppresses process of growth of bacteria;
- Corrosion firmness.
However along with the listed advantages of copper pipes thanks to which material is rather demanded in industrial branches there are several shortcomings.
- Quality of a pipe decreases under the influence of hostile environment therefore transportation of alkalis, solutions of acids, salts and organic liquids are not allowed;
- Large impurity can scar on a product surface;
- Compound of copper with other metals can cause electrochemical corrosion.
Copper pipes are, as a rule, used for the solution of civil tasks, such as production of heating systems, heat exchangers, cooling radiators.