Rigidity is characterized high. And extremely high impact strength. Besides it has a high temperature of vitrification and good heat resistance (about 130 °C). Temperature of long operation is from-60 to apprx. +120 °C.
- extremely high impact strength
- high durability and rigidity
- high hardness
- high heat resistance
- high stability of the sizes
- the good electric isolating properties
- resistance to high-energy beams
- it is inclined to formation of cracks owing to internal tension
- it is sensitive to hydrolysis
Examples of application: details with high impact strength.
Sphere of use of polycarbonate: the thermoformed semi-finished products, transparent and shockproof show-windows, details of an interior of sports constructions - basketball boards, protective glasses of hockey platforms.
PC 1000 polycarbonate (PC transparent, not optical)
DSM delivers the polycarbonate semi-finished products which are not stabilized by ultra-violet radiation under the name of PC 1000. It is more precisely "not optical" technical plastic.