Polystyrene (PS) is one of inexpensive solid plastics.
- Main properties polystyrene and as one of types of plastic:
- polystyrene is ability to forming in irregular shapes;
- polystyrene is high compression strength at the low density;
- polystyrene is good thermal characteristics: low specific heat conductivity, low thermal expansion, structural stability with the temperature range from-180 to +80 degrees;
- polystyrene is low diffusion of water vapors and low water absorption;
- polystyrene is the resistance to wide row of chemical and other environments;
- polystyrene is resistance to biological influence;
- this type of plastic is ecologically safe since at production substances and gases harmless are applied to environment and health of the person; products do not contain the chemical compounds of freon row harmful to ozone cover.
- polystyrene is fire resistance;
- polystyrene is polystyrene foam plates, thanks to small weight, are easy-to-use also to processing, are easily cut; building constructions can be stuck together by means of cement, plaster slurries, mastics;
- products from this type of plastic nontoxic, have no smell and do not form dust;
The main advantage of polystyrene consists that it is one of the cheapest plastics possessing good mechanical and insulating characteristics and considerable constructional flexibility. Process of installation is simple and does not demand specialized tools or the qualified labor.