- BrandАртерия Интер Фреш
- Country of manufactureRussia
Company StePac the LA LTD , founded in 1992 and is located in northern Israel, specializes in the production of packaging solutions Xtend MA / MH to preserve the freshness of fruits, berries, vegetables, herbs and flowers. The company is owned by the Johnson Matthey Group , an international leader in sustainable technology.
StePac has joined Johnson Matthey's Atmosphere Control Technologies (ACT) and represents the fresh food industry using modified atmosphere / modified humidity (MA / MH) packaging and provides advice on keeping fruits and vegetables fresh throughout the supply chain.
Benefits for the customer when using Xtend MA / MH packaging:
- Reducing logistics costs associated with possible land and sea transportation;
- Expansion of markets;
- Reducing waste and increasing freshness and quality throughout the supply chain;
- Brand awareness for customers implementing this packaging technology
Xtend® - packaging solutions for guaranteed freshness of fruits, berries, vegetables, herbs and flowers
Xtend® packaging maintains freshness through a combination of modified atmosphere, modified humidity and condensation control.
Fresh fruits and vegetables are living foods. After harvest:
~ They continue to breathe producing CO2, water and heat
~ Breathing continues until nutrients are depleted
CHO O2 = 6CO2 + 6H2O + Heat
~ The rate of deterioration of a product is broadly determined by the rate of respiration.
~ Product respiration must be slowed down to reduce product degradation, but respiration cannot be completely stopped
~ The rate of decomposition is temperature dependent. Product stored in cold weather has a low respiratory barrier and therefore low degradation
~ Product that has not been forcibly cooled will gradually heat up from the heat of its breath, which will lead to an increase in the rate of respiration and decay
Modified Atmosphere Packaging Principle
It is well known that plant respiration slows down in an environment:
• High CO2 content
•> 0.5% (0.03% in air)
Reduced O2 and increased CO2 together reduce respiration more than either alone
• The increased CO2 content suppresses the sensitivity of plant tissues to the effects of the maturing hormone ethylene.
• For products that tolerate high CO2 concentrations, the inhibition of the growth of many bacteria and fungi occurs at CO2 concentrations> 10%
What is Modified Medium Packaging?
Increased CO2 concentration and low O2 concentration
- Decreased breathing rate
- Blocking the mode of action and biosynthesis of ethylene, slowing down the aging process and decay
- Slowing down the yellowing of green fruit tissues with the prevention of chlorophyll degradation
- Preservation of nutritional value and taste of the product
- Reducing product degradation by directly inhibiting the growth of pathogenic microorganisms
- Slows down discoloration on cut surfaces due to reduced O2 concentration